Many people experience difficulties in the classroom or on the job due to their unique learning styles and would benefit from accommodations. Psychoeducational assessments involve specialized testing to identify specific learning issues and helpful accommodations. These evaluations are also used for school admission, as well as accommodations on high stakes testing (such as extended time).
- When there are questions about the presence of:
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Executive functioning issues
- Learning Disorders
- Reading Disorder/Dyslexia
- Writing Disorder
- Math Disorder
- Students needing updated psychoeducational testing (every 3 years)
- Students needing IQ/achievement testing for school admission
- Students seeking accommodations in school or on high stakes testing, such as ACT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT
- Brief ADHD assessments for referred adults
- The evaluation consists of an interview, appropriate testing, consultation with teachers, school observation, and a feedback session.
- Testing typically occurs across a 2-day period, consisting of approximately 3-4 hour sessions. Completing all testing in one day is not recommended due to the mental demands of testing and its impact on performance.
- I will likely ask to speak with teachers or tutors in order to gain additional information. I may also ask you to give inventories to teachers to complete and return to me directly.
- Approximately 1 to 2 weeks after the evaluation, there will be a feedback session to review test results and provide recommendations. The report will typically be available following feedback.
- Evaluations are billed on an hourly basis, including time spent interviewing, testing, speaking with outside sources, preparing the report, and providing feedback.
- During the free initial consultation, I will provide you with an estimate for services. Time and cost are always priorities in determining what approach is best for your needs. You have the right to a written Good Faith Estimate if you request one or proceed with an evaluation.
CALL 720-441-4624 for FREE CONSULTATION
To discuss your interest in testing or determine whether assessment is appropriate for you or your child, please call or email Dr. Fox for a free consultation. During this consultation, Dr. Fox can answer your questions and collaborate with you to determine the best options based on your particular needs.