While most mental health professionals diagnose psychological disorders based on interviews or brief assessments, psychologists use research-based tests and other measures to help make diagnoses. At Four Corners Psychological Services, your evaluation will consist of a detailed interview, followed by administration of carefully selected measures to address your individual needs.
- Identify diagnosis
- Lack of progress in therapy
- Seeking treatment recommendations
- Emotional or behavioral issues (i.e., moodiness, rule-breaking, drug use, self-harm)
- Second opinions
- The evaluation consists of an interview, psychological testing, consultation with outside sources, and a feedback session.
- Depending on the amount of testing, the evaluation is completed in one or two sessions. Testing may include symptom inventories, personality tests, and other measures.
- If you are currently participating in individual or family therapy or receiving any mental health treatment, a release of information will be obtained to allow me to speak with mental health providers to gain further information.
- Approximately 1 to 2 weeks after the evaluation, there will be a feedback session to review test results and provide recommendations. The report will typically be available following feedback.
- Evaluations are billed on an hourly basis, including time spent interviewing, testing, speaking with outside sources, preparing the report, and providing feedback.
- During the free initial consultation, I will provide you with an estimate for services. Time and cost are always priorities in determining what approach is best for your needs.
CALL 720-441-4624 for FREE CONSULTATION
To discuss your interest in testing or determine whether assessment is appropriate for you or your child, please call or email Dr. Fox for a free consultation. During this consultation, Dr. Fox can answer your questions and collaborate with you to determine the best options based on your particular needs.